Saturday, December 11, 2010

Concept that I found useful

I thought that I found Chapter 11, about Fallacies, interesting and useful. With this Chapter, I was able to distinguish the different kinds of bad argument and recognize when they were being used. The examples helped me as well, because I heard those arguments so many times in my life and I didn't know they were considered as fallacies. So next time I hear someone saying one of the examples, I will know that it will be a bad argument. Many of the times it is hard to have a good argument with someone if they say a fallacies and most of the time it is hard to fix fallacies (sometimes). A lot of the time those fallacies are used in TV commercial, speeches, or campaigns. For examples, in campaigns such as PETA, they use appeal to emotion and bad appeal to common belief to make people feel guilty and stop eating meat or wear fur. The use of image is also a way to make people feel a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment